Mental Health, Stress and Anxiety
- Karen Morris
By Karen Morris
Mental health and anxiety
It’s no surprise to hear that 42% of Australians aged 16-85 years have experienced a mental disorder at some time in their life, with anxiety being the most common group (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
Mental Health is just as important as your physical health and encompasses so many concerns without necessarily meeting the criteria for a mental health disorder.
And there are so many factors that affect a person’s mental health:
And it’s interesting to note that many people may not be consciously aware of anxiety symptoms and just tend to think it’s part of daily life; the daily grind… when it shouldn’t be, and doesn’t have to be that way.
What are the symptoms of anxiety?
It’s important to seek help and speak to a Practitioner if you are feeling any of these symptoms.
Karen, our expert Naturopath has over 20 years’ experience helping people overcome their health challenges in a holistic way.
Luckily for you, at Herbs Online Shop, there are a variety of remedies to help combat and manage mental health, stress and anxiety.
Of course, eating a balanced diet and getting enough exercise and sunlight helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but what if it’s not enough?
Here are our top 10 suggestions:
1. Anxiety Herbal Drops are a perfect combination of herbal drops traditionally used to alleviate anxiety. As you know Anxiety can add to daily pressure and problems and can interrupt sleep. Our unique blend of herbs in Anxiety herbal drops is a simple and natural way to strengthen the body’s resistance to stress, anxiety and mental fatigue. This herbal blend also helps to promote better sleep and rest.
If you are suffering from anxiety, depression or stress, this perfect combination of passionflower, chamomile, withania and lime flowers will help to calm your nervous system and busy mind.
Adult Dose: 5ml once to four times daily depending on symptoms.
2. Chamomile Glycetract Drops may be helpful with Stress, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Insomnia, Anxiety, and Teething. Chamomile contains Chamazulene, an aromatic chemical compound that possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic properties. It also helps to promote Sleep and treats insomnia.
Adult Dose: 10 drops once to four times daily.
3. Holy Basil Drops help with fatigue, stress and related conditions, mood disorders (anxiety and mild depression), generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), poor memory and cognition, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Holy Basil can help with pain, headache and arthritis, fatigue and dealing with anxiety and poor sleep.
Adult Dose: 2ml once to three times daily.
4. Lion’s mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a type of medicinal mushroom. Research has found that lion’s mane may increase energy, protect against dementia, reduce mild symptoms of anxiety, depression and insomnia and help repair nerve damage. It also has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and immune-boosting abilities and has been shown to lower the risk of heart disease, ulcers and diabetes.
There are a few reasons why lion’s mane may help with energy. Lion’s mane has been shown to reduce lactic acid in the blood, which may cause fatigue after intense physical activity. It also promotes increased tissue glycogen content, which promotes energy production
Preclinical studies suggest that Lion’s Mane may reduce inflammation and biological markers of Alzheimer’s (i.e., amyloid plaques), improve cognition, and increase the release of nerve growth factor, a protein that can increase the length of nerve cell processes. Lion’s mane mushroom can give a notable result if you want to improve your sleep.
Adult Dose: 3ml once or twice daily.
5. Ashwaganda Herbal Drops (also known as Withania) may be helpful with stress, insomnia, anxiety, and fatigue. Ashwagandha is considered a cornerstone of traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine and has been used for its medicinal benefits throughout Asia since 6000 AD. It has a nourishing effect on those who have been convalescing from physical and/or mental stress, can restore vitality, promote longevity and physical endurance. The root of the Ashwaganda bush is often used by herbalists as an adaptogen and nervous system tonic; to help people adapt to and cope with stress and to relieve mild anxiety. It can increase energy and improve cognition.
Adult Dose: 1ml once to four times daily.
6. If you’d like to try something different to herbal drops, we also have Ashwaganda capsules.
As well as the benefits mentioned above, Ashwagandha may also help to Sharpen Focus and Memory and support Heart Health. It may help to Lower Blood Sugar and Fat, Increase Muscle and Strength and Improve Sexual Function in Women and Boost Fertility and Testosterone Levels in Men. The benefits of Ashwaganda are wide and varied.
Adult Dose: Take 2 capsules daily.
7. If you’re a love of Homeopathic remedies, then we recommend Stramonium. Homeopathic stramonium is used in the treatment of fear, anxiety and panic disorders, such as PTSD and panic attacks. Interestingly, it is also used in the treatment of many childhood acute ailments that are accompanied by its characteristically intense fear and restlessness. Stramonium is a remedy needed equally by children and adults for neurological injury or symptoms arising from fright and suppressed anger. (Causes of neurological injuries that respond to Stramonium include fever, poison, alcohol, infection, trauma, and vaccines.)
Homeopathic remedies have been used for hundreds of years and help to stimulate a healing response and strengthen the body’s ability to heal itself.
Adult Dose: Take 4-6 drops every four hours, or as directed
8. Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower Remedy that works by helping you balance any negative emotions you might be experiencing. Rescue Remedy assists the return to a more positive outlook when you need comfort and reassurance, to help you through stressful or traumatic situations. Rescue Remedy provides support in times of emotional demand, such as before a driving test, interview, exam or flight or when you simply need a little help. Ingredients: Rock Rose, Impatiens, Clematis, Star of Bethlehem and Cherry Plum.
Directions: Put 4 drops directly on the tongue or add 4 drops to water and sip at intervals. Repeat as necessary.
9. Sleep Forte Herbal Drops – we all know how important sleep is. And when you don’t get enough sleep, it can take a toll on your mental and emotional well-being. We recommend taking Sleep Forte and training yourself to have a good bedtime routine. Sleep Forte Herbal Drops is a blend designed for those who need help getting to sleep. Sleep forte herbal drops contain zizyphus, valerian, skullcap, and kava herbals. The better sleep routine you create i.e. turn off screens at least 2 hours before bed, have low lights, do things to calm your body and your mind etc, the better this formulation will work for you.
10. Magnesium capsules such as 3-in-1 Magnesium capsules are a blend of three highly absorbable forms of magnesium designed to support cardiovascular health, energy support and blood vessel function. Magnesium may also relieve and reduce the incidence of migraines, headaches, stress, anxiety, depression, constipation, and restless leg syndrome. One capsule provides 300 mg of elemental magnesium and helps support your system in a positive way.
There are so many ways to help manage anxiety, stress and mental health. Here at Herbs Online Shop, we care about your whole wellbeing.
We don’t just help treat your physical conditions, we help you with emotional and mental too.
When you take the time to create healthy habits and routines, with the help of herbal remedies and supplements, it’s amazing what a difference it can make in your life.
We will send you a Duty of Care form for your orders and recommend you make an appointment if any of your symptoms are a concern.
Book here for your consultation: https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/60-minute-consultation-lifestyle-coaching-session/