Chronic Stress and Inflammation
- Karen Morris
By Karen Morris
Chronic Stress and Inflammation
Did you know that chronic stress is linked to the major causes of disease and death? According to the WHO (World Health Organisation), 7 out of 10 of those are noncommunicable diseases (meaning non-infectious chronic diseases). For example, stroke, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease and more.
The world’s biggest killer is Ischemic Heart Disease. And 75 – 90% of doctor’s visits can be traced back to chronic stress. And what happens is that instead of getting to the root cause of stress, doctors prescribe medications that just mask the symptoms, instead of delving into someone’s triggers and how to alleviate them.
And when we are in a constant state of stress, our Adrenal function is affected, which causes physical harm to our bodies. It increases inflammation, so that shows up as frequent headaches, sleepless nights, acute anxiety, restlessness, gut health issues, skin issues and more.
Whilst it’s normal to experience some amounts of stress, if left untreated, this leads to the constant leak of cortisol, causing cortisol overloads leading to large amounts of inflammation.
So you have this constant cycle of chronic stress that causes constant cortisol secretion – which results in inflammation, hormone imbalance and chronic disease symptoms.
Stress causes an imbalance in both the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems and causes an imbalance in nearly every other process in the body. An imbalanced body leads to opportunities for disease to strike.
So not only is it important to find healthy techniques to help manage and reduce stress, it’s also important to support your Adrenal Health and nervous system with the right herbs and supplements.
Adaptogenic herbs have been around for thousands of years and help to restore the body to its natural balance and help combat the negative effects of stress.
Research has shown that adaptogens can improve mood and energy levels and even reduce the number of chronic diseases while improving longevity.
Here at Herbs Online Shop, we have a range of Adaptogenic Herbs to help you:
1. Withania (Ashwagandha) is probably one of the most well-known adaptogen herbs. Traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as a healing tonic, It has a nourishing effect on those who have been convalescing from physical and/or mental stress, can restore vitality, promote longevity and physical endurance. IT is a good nervous system tonic; to help people adapt to and cope with stress and to relieve mild anxiety. It can increase energy and improve cognition. Take 1ml once to four times daily.
2. Adrenal Stress and fatigue drops are an herbal blend formulated to regenerate and support the health of adrenal glands.
With daily usage of this tonic, you are able to support your adrenal health which then provides you with energy, a better-quality sleep, less cravings, and a feeling of calmness.
This tonic helps to nourish, support, and strengthen your endocrine system- thus helping you to feel better and less knocked out!
As Adrenal Fatigue is a stress-related condition that results in symptoms like exhaustion, weakened immunity, sleep disturbances, insomnia, anxiety, foggy mind and food cravings, Adrenal Fatigue Tonic is for anyone suffering from any of those symptoms or a general sense of exhaustion.
This blend of herbs is traditionally used to help with Adrenal fatigue, stress, anxiety and insomnia from stress and is a blend of Siberian ginseng, Rehmannia, passionflower and Withania. Take 5ml twice daily.
3. Nerve Herbal Tonic drops are in a class of herbs called nervines. Our nerve herbal drops are a soothing and supportive blend for the nervous system. A rich blend of Skullcap, Chamomile, Oats, Lemon balm and Zizyphus, these herbs are good for people who are nervous, anxious, or stressed.
It’s also a good tonic for performance anxiety or for people who are processing their past.
Nervines are types of herbs intended to nourish and support the central nervous system. They are designed to restore balance and restfulness in the body. Take 5ml two to three times daily.
4. Sleep Forte herbal is a blend designed for those who need help getting to sleep and staying asleep longer. Sleep forte herbal drops contain zizyphus, valerian, skullcap, kava herbals, which are all herbs known to improve sleep, reduce anxiety and help to calm the nerves. Take 5ml half an hour before bed and another 5ml at bedtime.
5. Magnesium Citrate Powder – magnesium is such an important factor in reducing stress in your body’s system. Magnesium citrate may relieve and reduce the incidence of migraines, headaches, stress, anxiety, depression, constipation, and restless leg syndrome.
We don’t get enough magnesium through our diets, so it’s important to replenish daily and Magnesium citrate is among the most bioavailable forms of magnesium, meaning that it’s more easily absorbed in your digestive tract than other forms. It’s typically taken orally to replenish low magnesium levels.
Take 1g – 3g in a glass of water daily.
6. Magnesium Capsules – if you aren’t into powders, this 3-in-1 Magnesium capsule is a blend of three highly absorbable forms of magnesium designed to support cardiovascular health, energy support and blood vessel function.
Magnesium may also relieve and reduce the incidence of migraines, headaches, stress, anxiety, depression, constipation, and restless leg syndrome.
Provides a bioavailable blend of three different forms of magnesium. Triple Magnesium contains a clinically trialled form of magnesium, known as magnesium glycerophosphate proven in clinical studies to provide superior absorption over other forms of magnesium, without any nausea or flatulence. Magnesium bis-glycinate protects the magnesium from binding to any other unnecessary nutrients and enhances its bioavailability. One capsule provides 300 mg of elemental magnesium.
We also suggest making lifestyle choices that help to reduce your stress.
Finding what works for you and sticking to it, whether that is yoga, meditation, gardening, breathing exercises, walking etc, and making it a way of life will help lessen the impact that stress can cause on your body.
And remember, we are here to support you every step of the way.
So if you haven’t booked in for a consult lately, now is your chance to stay healthy and well over the coming silly season. Book now: https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/60-minute-consultation-lifestyle-coaching-session/