By Karen Morris.
Can you believe it’s winter already? And here in NSW, we’ve already experienced a cold snap and snow! Brrr.
We know that prevention is better than any cure, and as there are a lot of viruses going around, it’s important to stay on top of your and your family’s health.
How can you prevent getting sick?
Prevention means getting enough:
- Sunshine – Did you know that just 20 minutes of sunshine in the middle of the day in winter can be enough to increase your Vitamin D levels? How about taking your lunch break in the sun today? Getting enough Vitamin D helps to keep your immune system strong, helps heart disease and diabetes and so much more.
- Movement and exercise – 20 to 30 minutes of movement and exercise a day will not only help with your fitness goals but keep you warmer. And if you’re too busy to get outside for a walk or run, dance! Any kind of movement for your body like dancing is great for increasing your heart rate and muscle tone, also increasing those feel-good chemicals in the brain.
- Sleep – getting enough sleep is super important for your body and mind’s recover overnight. Make sure you have good sleep hygiene practices in place so you can rest and restore properly.
- Good nutrition and staying well hydrated – make sure you are having a balanced diet and drinking lots of water. It can be easy to munch and crunch during cold winter days but there are other ways to overcome those munchies. Try a cup of hot Bone Broth or a spoon full of Manuka Honey, both of which have great healing properties. Garlic is great for the immune system too.
- Managing stress – Stress is the leading cause of any illness, so make sure you are managing your stress well. If you need stress support, please do call us as we have a range of options to help you combat the effects of stress.
- Gut health – if your gut has slowed down, or you have a leaky gut, it’s imperative that you find ways to heal it. Having a healthy gut is integral to keeping your immune system strong. We help our clients heal from gut issues in a variety of ways and would love to help you on your gut healing journey. Book in for your consultation, send through your blood test results and let’s get you on a program straight away. https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/60-minute-consultation-lifestyle-coaching-session/
Some other preventatives and herbal healing aides:
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps to reduce the symptoms and severity of the cold and flu. It’s gentle on the stomach and is a powerful antioxidant. It plays a crucial role in the development of health and function of many parts of the body, especially the immune system. We love our Vitamin C powder as it tastes great and is easily absorbed. Take one level teaspoon once to twice a day to stay strong and healthy: https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/vitamin-c-powder-200g/
- Immune Boost Herbal Drops – These herbal drops help to boost the immune system at the first sign of a viral infection or times of stress. It helps with chronic infection, lowered immune, cold and flu and can be taken at a low dose for immune maintenance and prevention. https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/low-immune/
- Cold and Flu Herbal Drops – a blend of Andrographis, Echinacea, Mullein, Elderberry and Pelargonium, this herbal mix will help keep the whole family functioning at an optimal level, taken at a low dose. You can increase the dose with symptoms to reduce the severity. https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/cold-and-flu/
- Cough Syrup Herbal Drops – a winner for adults and children alike, our Cough Syrup Herbal Drops are non-drowsy, taste great and help to relieve a dry, sore throat. It helps to clear congestion and that persistent cough. Made from Marshmallow root, Thyme, Mullein and Pelargonium, these drops can be taken up to 8 times a day, depending on symptoms. https://herbsonlineshop.com/product/cough-syrup-herbal/
There are so many amazing and natural alternatives to staying strong and healthy this winter. And it’s normal for your body to feel a little different as we do tend to slow down a bit. Try to listen to your body and what its needs are as you work on your natural products and make sure you stay on top of all your health needs. And of course, if you have any questions, give us a call at (02) 9555 5117 or head to our website www.herbsonlineshop.com.